VDMX & Mad Mapper Pop Quiz
Updated: Aug 27, 2019
In order to earn all 25 points, you must complete the following tasks:
1. 5 pts. - Download the free demo version of Mad Mapper on your laptop. Set up an extended desktop (un-mirror display) so you have 2 screens, 1 on your laptop to work from, and the other to the projector to display your work.
2. 5 pts. - Make a grid of at least 4 videos in VDMX or Resolume.
3. 5 pts. - Set up at least 4 midi controlled, and 2 clock controlled effects in VDMX.
4. 5 pts. - Syphon main VDMX output with 4 video grid from one software into another (from VDMX to MadMapper).
5. 5pts. - Pick some objects from around the classroom (I brought some). Map at least 4 surfaces with each of the 4 videos from your grid. You may use the wall, but for only 1 of the 4 surfaces. You must use a variety of shapes, including 1organic (non-geometric) shape using mesh warping.
I will be around to help you achieve all of these tasks.